Briarglen Enterprises Pty Ltd trading as Halogen Home Loans, is a member of the Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia, the peak body for the mortgage and finance industry. We continuously work to provide you with the best possible service and ethical standards.
This document provides information about the services we provide.
We are licensed to arrange loans and leases under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (NCCP Act). The NCCP Act regulates the activity of lending, leasing, and finance broking.
Our full name
Briarglen Enterprises Pty Ltd ACN 090 036 043
Trading As Halogen Home Loans
2 Jutland Street New Town Tasmania 7008
Phone and e-mail
Phone 0410 520 398
Australian Credit Licence Number
Internal Complaints Officer contact details
PAUL GILHOOLY, PHONE 0410 520 398,
2 Jutland Street New Town Tasmania 7008
External Dispute Resolution Scheme contact details
Member 43389-AFCA (Australian Financial Complaints Authority Ltd) phone 1800 138 422. www.afca.org.au
Services we provide
We will help you to choose a loan or lease which is suitable for your purposes.
We will provide you with information on a broad range of financiers and products. Once you have chosen a loan or lease that is suitable for you, we will help you to obtain an approval.
You have already chosen a financier, and we will assist you to obtain an approval
As required, we will provide you with Mortgage Planning assistance which will assist you in management of your cashflow and debts.As required, we will provide you with a referral to a Risk Management specialist to assess your requirements to protect your financial position.
Our Panel of Lenders
We source finance from a panel of financiers. We have listed all our financiers below. As per NCCP legislation, we have noted with an asterisk (*) the six financiers with whom we conduct the most business.
AMP Bank *
ANZ Bank *
Australia First Mortgage
Bank of Melbourne
Commonwealth Bank *
Firefighter Mutual Bank
Heritage Building Society
Heartlands Seniors Finance
Keystart Home loans
La Trobe Home Loans
National Australia Bank
Pepper Home Loans
St George Bank
Teachers Mutual Bank
We will need information from you
Under the NCCP Act, we are obliged to ensure that any loan or principal increase to a loan we help you to obtain or any lease we help you to enter is not unsuitable for you. To decide this, we may need to ask you some questions in order to assess whether the loan or lease is not unsuitable. The law requires us to:
- make reasonable inquiries about your requirements and objectives;
- make reasonable inquiries about your financial situation;
- take reasonable steps to verify that financial situation.
Credit will be unsuitable if at the time of the assessment, it is likely that at the time the credit is provided:
- you could not pay or could only pay with substantial hardship;
- the credit will not meet your requirements and objectives.
For example, if you can only repay by selling your principal place of residence, it is presumed that the loan will cause substantial hardship unless the contrary is proved. For this reason we must ask you to provide a significant amount of information. It is therefore very important that the information you provide us is accurate.
We must provide you with a copy of our preliminary credit assessment of your application if you ask within 7 years of when we assist you. We are only required to give you a copy of the credit assessment if we give you credit assistance.
It is important that the information you provide us is complete and accurate, as if we proceed on incomplete or incorrect information, you may be in breach of your legal obligations to the lender.
Fees payable by you
You may need to pay the financier’s application fee, valuation fees, legal fees and other fees.
We charge a Credit Advice Fee for our services. More details about the fees payable by you will be set out in a Credit Proposal and Quote which we will give you before a finance application is lodged. You may obtain from us information about how these fees and charges are worked out and a reasonable estimate of those fees.
Commissions received by us
We may receive commissions from the lenders and lessors who provide finance for you as our customers. These are not fees payable by you. You may obtain from us information about a reasonable estimate of those commissions and how the commission is worked out. We may also receive commissions from other providers to whom we may refer you.
These are not payable by you and are in accordance with usual business practices.
From time to time volume bonus arrangements are in place with some of our panel of lenders under which those financiers may pay us additional commission depending on the total volume of business we arrange with them. These bonuses will be disclosed in our Credit Quote.
Commission’s payable by us
We source referrals from a broad range of sources. For example, we may pay fees to call centre companies, real estate agents, accountants, or lawyers for referring you to us.
These referral fees are generally small amounts and accord with usual business practice. These are not fees payable by you. You may, on request, obtain a reasonable estimate of those commissions and how the commission is worked out.
Our internal dispute resolution scheme
We hope you are delighted with our services, but if you have any complaints you should notify us by contacting our Complaints Officer by:
- telephoning 0410 520 398
- e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- writing to PO Box 4538 Bathurst st PO Hobart Tasmania 7000.
- or by speaking to any representative of our business who will refer you to the Complaints Officer.
You should explain the details of your complaint as clearly as you can. You may do this verbally or in writing.
When we receive a complaint, we will attempt to resolve it promptly. We hope that in this way we will stop any unnecessary and inappropriate escalation of minor complaints.
Our external dispute resolution scheme
If an issue has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you can lodge a complaint with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority, or AFCA. AFCA provides fair and independent financial services complaint resolution that is free to consumers.
Things you should know
If we arrange a loan for you to purchase or refinance real estate, you should make your own enquiries about the value of the real estate and its potential for future growth.
Although we may obtain a valuation, that is for our own use and you should not rely on it.
You should ensure that you have approved finance before entering a binding contract to purchase.
We don’t make any promises about the value of any property you finance with us or its future prospects. You should always rely on your own enquiries.
We don’t provide legal or financial advice. It is important you understand your legal obligations under the loan, and the financial consequences. If you have any doubts, you should obtain independent legal and financial advice before you enter any loan contract.
Before you accept your loan offer, make sure you read the credit contract/loan agreement carefully to understand full details of the loan. If you have any doubts, you should obtain independent legal and financial advice before you enter any loan contract.
We represent lenders and have obligations to them, in particular not to provide any information we know is misleading or deceptive. We also have obligations under the law to report any fraud, forgery, or other illegal activities. Before using our services, it is important that you understand that we have these obligations to lenders and under the law.
If you have any questions about this credit guide or anything else about our services, just ask at any time. We’re here to help you.
Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent
Halogen Home Loans is collecting personal information about you. This notice is to inform you of your rights under the Privacy Act.
- The personal and credit-related information you provide will be held by us.
- You appoint us your agent to act as an ‘access seeker’ to obtain your credit-related information from a credit reporting body (CRB) on your behalf and for the purpose of assisting you with your application for credit. You authorise us to disclose any credit-related information we obtain to prospective financiers in connection with your application for credit.
- We may use credit-related information and any other personal information you provide to arrange or provide credit and other services.
- We may exchange the information with the following types of entities, some of which may be located overseas:
- CRBs, including for a credit guarantee purpose;
- persons who provide credit or other products to you, or to whom an application has been made for those products;
- any person or entity who represents you including financial consultants, accountants, lawyers, mortgage brokers, persons holding power of attorney, guardians and advisers;
- any industry body, government authority, tribunal, court or otherwise in connection with any complaint regarding our services;
- any investors, agents or advisers, trustees, ratings agency or businesses assisting us with funding for credit made available to you or any entity that has an interest in your finance;
- where we are authorised to do so by law, such as under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth), government and law enforcement agencies or regulators;
- any person where you have provided us consent;
- any of our associates, related entities or contractors;
- other guarantors or borrowers (if more than one) or borrowers or prospective borrowers of any credit you guarantee or propose to guarantee;
- your referees, such as your employer, to verify information you have provided;
- any person considering acquiring an interest in our business or assets; and
- any organisation providing online verification of your identity
If you do not provide the information we may be unable to assist in arranging finance or providing other services.
You agree that we may collect use and disclose your information as specified above